What's in a name?

I have been thinking really hard about the name of this blog lately. As I don't really want to sound "hokey" when I actually start selling art. So, the name here represents what my art gallery will be named. Aurora Moon Gallery. Yes. I want an art gallery. And yes. It will feature my art. No. It will not be ONLY my art.

I have had a dream for a LONG time to have my own art gallery where fantastic artists can come together and showcase their art, be it watercolor, charcoal, oil, beadwork, pen and ink, pencil, you get the idea. And as I am pagan, features will include pagan themes as well as other religious art. I don't know about you, but some of the Renaissance and Pre-Renaissance religious art such as the "Flight to Egypt" by Giatto, or the stained glass windows that adorn many Catholic churches, I get goosebumps. I am a pagan, no bones about it, but the feeling that these works of art convey I feel, is universal. Sure, they had a specific religion in mind, but sacred is sacred and if we cannot appreciate that in art, how can we ever expect to appreciate it in real life? Funny how tolerance or lack there-of transcends all things, isn't it? We can see it at work and we can see it NOT at work. ie: book burnings. But I ramble.

I am in the process of finishing Paparazzi, so I will post her in the next couple of days! Hope you are as excited as I am. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aurora Moon Designs by Nicole Stankowitz Design by Insight © 2009